Dr. Teoh Soo Huat
|Medical Lecturer & Family Physician
|M.Med Family Medicine (USM)|
|Tel: (+6) 04-562 2085|
Obesity, Hypertension and Diabetes management - Clinical
1) Doctor of Medicine; M.D (USM) – 2009
2) Master of Medicine in Family Medicine (USM) – 2017
1) Housemanship : Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah, Alor Setar, Kedah (2009-2011)
2) Medical Officer : Klinik Kesihatan Bandar Baharu, Serdang, Kedah (2011-2013)
3) Master Student : Hospital Sultan Abdul Halim, Sungai Petani, Kedah (2013-2015)
Klinik Rawatan Keluarga, Hospital USM, Kelantan (2015-2016)
Klinik Kesihatan Bakar Arang, Sungai Petani, Kedah (2016-2017)
4) Family Physician : Klinik Kesihatan Kulim, Kedah (2017- January 2018)
Klinik Kesihatan Bingkor, Keningau, Sabah (January to August 2018)
Medical Lecturer & Family Physician: Advanced Medical & Dental Institute, USM Bertam, Penang (started from August 2018)
1) Malaysian Medical Association – Member
2) Family Medicine Specialists Association of Malaysia – Member
3) Academy of Family Physicians of Malaysia – Member
4) Academy of Medicine of Malaysia – Member
5) Malaysian Association for the Study of Obesity – Member
Cases from womb to tomb; acute and chronic management; preventative, curative and rehabilitative; individual and community based management; clinical and administrative skills- as per Family Physician job scopes
Special interest: Chronic diseases, non-communicable diseases, chronic care model, fundamentals/principles of family medicine, patient centered clinical method and coaching family medicine trainee
1. Teoh SH, Prabhu R, Venayaga K, Khamizar W, Naidu RR, Mohan AN. Pelvic Actinomycosis: Judicious use of antibiotic post-operatively. Poster session presented at: 7th Post-Graduate Medical Education Society Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah Biennial Scientific Meeting; 2010 July 24-25; Kedah, MY.
2. Teoh SH, Norwati D, Razlina AR, Siti Suhaila MY. Blood pressure control and its associated factors among hypertensive patients at health clinics in Kuala Muda district, Kedah. Poster session presented at: Excellence in Primary Care. 19th Family Medicine Scientific Conference; 2016 August 10-13; Subang, MY.
Scopus indexed journals:
1. Teoh SH. Angry patient with fibromyalgia: Diagnosis and management in primary care. Med J Malaysia. 2016; 71(6):351-3.
2. Teoh SH, Razlina AR, Norwati D, Siti Suhaila MY. Patients’ blood pressure control and doctors’ adherence to hypertension clinical practice guideline in managing patients at health clinics in Kuala Muda district, Kedah. Med J Malaysia. 2017; 72(1):18-25.
3. Teoh SH, Liyana S. Facial and ocular presentations of Carbimazole induced agranulocytosis: A case report. Bangladesh J Med Sci. 2018; 17(4): 678-9.
1. Sabah Obstetric Shared Care Guidelines (SOSCG) 3rd edition, 2018. Member of guidelines development group.