1st International Symposium on Herbal Medicine
|Professor Dr Rob Verpoorte
Natural Products Laboratory, IBL, Leiden University
Sylvius Laboratory, Sylviusweg 72, 2333BE Leiden
He authored/co-authored over 700 scientific papers, 4 books, and 6 patent applications. He was the Editor (1996–2002) and Editor-in-chief of the Journal of Ethnopharmacology (IF 3.055) (2003–2016). In addition, he has served as Editor-in-chief of Phytochemistry Reviews (IF 2.686) since 2001 and Executive Editor Biotechnology Letters (IF 1.639) since 2006. He supervised 66 PhD theses and over 150 MSc theses.
Associate Professor Anupam Kumar Sachan
Dayanand Dinanath College, Institute of Pharmacy,
Associate Professor Anupam Kumar Sachan holds Bachelor’s degree in Science (1997) and Pharmacy (2003) and later on obtained a Master in Pharmacy (2005) from India, specializing in Pharmaceutics. He has almost 11 years of experience in teaching and many years as an appointed examiner for assessment of Bachelor, Master and Doctoral level in Pharmacy. He has been an Associate Professor at Dayanand Dinanath College, Institute of Pharmacy in Uttar Pradesh, India since August 2014.
He is a life member of Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Indian Pharmacy Graduates’ Association, Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India and Swadeshi Sciences Movement of India, Delhi. He has authored and co-authored over 40 scientific papers and presented his research at almost 20 national and international conferences and seminars. He supervises postgraduate students for Master’s degree in Pharmacy. He is an expert in drug formulation for oral dosage forms and recently involved in development of nanoparticulate delivery for herbal drugs.
MD(DKM), MPH, PhD.
http://kmed.pusan.ac.kr/ (School of Korean medicine)
http://pnukh.com/ (Hospital of Korean Medicine)
Evidence-based medicine, complementary & integrative medicine, research methodology, acupuncture, pain medicine, systematic review, meta-analysis
Professor, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University
Spine & Joint center, Korean Medicine Hospital, Pusan National University
National Clinical Research Center for Korean Medicine (NCRC), Korean Medicine Hospital, Pusan National University
School of Korean Medicine/Korean Medicine Hospital (National Research Center for Korean Medicine, room 415), Yangsan Campus of Pusan National university, Yangsan, Gyeongnam, South Korea (zip 50612)
1. Ph.D 2000.02 Wonkwang University; Oriental Medicine
2. M.S 1996.08 Wonkwang University; Oriental Medicine
3. B.S 1994.08 Wonkwang University; Oriental Medicine
4. M.S 2002.08 Jeonbuk National University; Public Health
1. Editor in Chief. The Journal of Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves (2011~2014)
2. Editorial Board, World Journal of Meta-Analysis('13.6~)
3. Editorial Board, European Journal of Integrative medicine('12.11~)
4. Editorial Board, International Journal of Neurology Research('14.11~)
5. Editorial Board, Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine('12.11~)
6. Editorial Board, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine('12.7~'14.11)
7. Editorial Board Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine('11.7~)
8. Editorial Board, The Open Pain Journal (2011~ )
9. 2012 Premier researcher in Pusan National University (2012)
10. 2011 Premier researcher in Pusan National University (2011)
11. Review Board (Medicine & Pharmacy division), National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) (2012-2014)
Over 90 SCI(E) papers as a first, corresponding, or co-author
Over 90 Korean papers as a first, corresponding, or co-author
Evidence-based medicine for Traditional Korean medicine, especially acupuncture
East-West Integrative medicine for Spine & Joint disease, pain medicine
Cochrane review, systematic review and meta-analysis for CAM or integrative medicine
Clinical trials for Traditional Korean medicine
KIOM sham cupping device, 2011. South Korea
Other additional professional information
Dr. Jamia Azdina Jamal is an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and a registered pharmacist. She obtained her B.Pharm. (Hons) from the University of Nottingham, U.K., subsequently M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Control and Ph.D. in Pharmacognosy from the King’s College London, U.K. She is currently the Dean of Faculty and a fellow researcher of the Drug and Herbal Research Centre. Her research interests are focused on herbal medicine development, particularly in herbal standardisation and ethnopharmacology. She has published more than 80 publications as journal articles, books, herbal monographs and Malaysian Standards. Dr. Jamia is also serving as a member of the Pharmacy Board Malaysia, the Malaysian Herbal Monograph Committee and the Malaysian Natural Products Society, and an editorial member of the Malaysian Journal of Health Sciences. She has acted as a consultant and contributed services in numerous projects with the Malaysian government ministries.