Prof Dale Fisher
MBBS 1986, FRACP 1993, DTM&H 1993
Head, Clinical Director and Senior Consultant, Division of Infectious Diseases
Chair, Infection Control, National University Hospital
- Royal Darwin Hospital, Australia 1992 to 2004
- National University Hospital, Singapore 2004 till to date
- General tropical Infectious Disease
- Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT)
- MRSA control in healthcare settings
- Outbreak investigations and management (Global and Local)
- Courage Medal, Courage foundation Singapore March - May'03
- RACP John Sands Medal for outstanding contribution to College Affairs (May 2006)
- NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine Faculty Teaching excellence award - 2008 & 2009
- Cryptococcal meningitis (C. neoformans var gattii) leading to blindness in previously healthy Melanesian adults in Papua New Guinea. D Lalloo, D Fisher, S Naraqi et al. Quarterly Journal of Medicine, 1994;87: 343-349.
- Endemic Melioidosis in Tropical Northern Australia: A 10-Year Prospective Study and Review of the Literature. Bart J Currie, Dale A Fisher, Diane M Howard et al. Clin Infect Dis 2000;31:981-986
- Hospital Care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders: Appropriateness and decision-making. Dale Fisher, Tarun Weeramanthri; Editorial Med J Aust 2002; 176: 49-50The Bali Bombings of October 12, 2002:
- The Bali Bombings of October 12, 2002: Lessons in Disaster Management for Physicians. Dale Fisher, James Burrow. Int Med J 2003; 33: 125-126
- Atypical presentations of SARS. Dale A Fisher, Tow-Keang Lim, Yean-Teng Lim, Kamaljit S Singh, Paul A Tambyah. The Lancet 17 May 2003. Vol. 361; P1740.
- Preventing local transmission of SARS: lessons from Singapore. Dale A Fisher, Madeleine H L Chew, Yean-Teng Lim and Paul A Tambyah. Published online ahead of print, MJA 19 May 2003. http://www.mja.com.au/public/rop/fis10245_fm.html
- Risk Factors for Nephrotoxicity associated with Continuous Vancomycin Infusion in Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy. Ingram, Paul; Lye, David; Tambyah, Paul; Goh, Wei; Tam, Vincent; Fisher, Dale. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (2008) 62, 168-171.Dengue management; Practical and safe hospital-based outpatient care. Paul R. Ingram, Malcolm Mahadevan, Dale A. Fisher. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg (2009) 103, 203-205.
- A Cost Analysis of Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT): An Asian Perspective. Candice Yong, Dale A. Fisher, Grant E. Sklar, Shu-Chuen Li. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents; 33:1; Jan 2009, pp46-51
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Control in Singapore - Moving Forward. Lynette Pereira, Dale Fisher. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2008;37:891-6.
Teaching Hand Hygiene to Medical Students using a Hands-On Approach. Dale Fisher; Lynette Pereira, Toon Mae Ng; Krista Patlovich, Felicia Teo, Li Yang Hsu; Journal of Hosp Infection; 76:1, Sept 2010, p 86-87